Re: Getting keyboard input into an unfocused window

Mubashir <mcheema yahoo com> writes:
Kinda like how most window managers sit in the background and listen
for Alt-Tab to switch applications for you.  Any idea on how they do
that?

They're using XGrabKey(), typically on the root window. It probably
doesn't really have the semantics you want; you have to use keycodes
not keysyms, you have to specifically select all keys you're
interested in, and only one app at a time (including the window
manager as an app) can grab a given keycode/modifier combo. Check out
the XGrabKey man page.

P.S.  I saw your book at the local Barnes and Noble last night.  I am going
to have to buy it now.  :)

Hmm, it doesn't cover this issue though. ;-)

Havoc