CTree "tree-expand" signal

I've been having this very odd problem for a while now: I've got a GtkCTree,
'folders', and when the user opens a node (expands that branch) I need to do
some work. Now, I have a function connected to the "tree-expand" signal,
who's declaration looks like this:

void foldersCTreeTreeExpand(GtkCTree *folders, GList *nodeList, gpointer
        object);

Getting the signal and such goes just fine. Problems arise, however, when I
try to use 'nodeList' argument, which should be a pointer to the GList inside
of the just expanded GtkCTreeNode structure. If I convert 'nodeList' to a
GtkCTreeNode using the GTK_CTREE_NODE() macro, and then try and use the
results as a parameter to a function function, the results range from
incorrect data, to a segmentation fault and a program crash.
Is there something I'm missing about the 'GList *nodeList' parameter of this
signal and there is some other way I need to extract its corresponding
GtkCTreeNode?

I'm using gtk inside of a C++ environment (using gcc/g++), and I thought that
might cause some issues (as the GList * to GtkCTreeNode * conversion is just
a type cast), but it doesn't really seem like that should be the case.

I am very confused.
faboo

--
"and fuck moments                       "If there's another life,
I want an hour to once again be         And if I get to choose,