Re: Storing accelerators in a rc file
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: Bernie Maier <Bernie Maier bullant com>
- Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Storing accelerators in a rc file
- Date: 21 Jul 2001 10:59:49 -0400
Bernie Maier <Bernie Maier bullant com> writes:
From: Havoc Pennington [mailto:hp redhat com]
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 4:05 AM
GTK 2 still recommends the item factory. GTK 2.2 or GTK 3 may have an
additional menu API alongside the item factory, but item factory will
still exist for the forseeable future. So I wouldn't feel bad about
using it, it's generally more convenient than making menus manually,
though it has some aspects that could be better.
Yes! Like, for example, it would be nice if you could escape forward
slashes so that menu items could contain forward slashes, e.g. for URLs.
Mon Mar 19 15:53:36 2001 Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
* gtk/gtkitemfactory.c gtk/testgtk.c: Handle quoting of / with \; properly
handle __ in paths, quote " and \n in gtk_item_factory_dump_items().
] [Thread Prev