override tab behaviour

Hi
I am writing an app where data is inserted in a couple of textentries
followed by a press on a (OK) button which inserts the data in a list.
When data is inserted i want the focus automatically return to the first
textentry. I am using gtk_window_set_focus for this. But after a call of
the function the TAB navigation acts weird. It doesn't follow the normal
route anymore (left-right,top-down) but a hit on the TAB button returns
the focus to the previously pressed OK-button (instead of the next
(nearby) textentry)
Is there a way to force the tabbing behaviour to follow the normal
route?
Or
Can i override the tab key and simulate the behaviour (i can do the
simulation but i can't find out how override the key) There is an old
post about something like this:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-app-devel-list/2000-June/msg00460.html
Does the gtk_emit_stop_by_name() function still exist? Because i can't
find a prototype...

Thanks,
Huib Kleinhout