Problem with using gtk_text_insert

I have a window with a button and a textbox (txtInput)
When I try to use the following inside the button_clicked event
gtk_text_insert (GTK_TEXT (txtInput), NULL, NULL, NULL, "Insert Text Dangit", -1);

I get the following error (I run my app from a terminal window to see the errors)
       Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkText'
Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtktext.c: line 953 (gtk_text_insert): assertion `text != NULL' failed.

I don't understand why I get this error as I use the same gtk_text_insert(); during the process of
creating the text object. (Different text though) and it works fine.

       I've tried the following:
           -Parenthesis around "Insert Text Dangit"
           -Using the Freeze/Unfreeze
-Replacing NULL with actual font, color, etc values (dont see why this would matter)
           -Cussing at the computer for an hour or two
           -Praying
           -Laughing psychodically...

   Umihara, Yuushi