Re: gdk_pointer_ungrab and gtk_main_iteration bug

On 09 Jul 2001 06:57:02 -0400, Owen Taylor said:

 > I've noticed that gdk_pointer_ungrab does not seem to work
 > when gtk_main_iteration is called just before.
 >
 > The function has no affect, thus the pointer is not ungrabbed.
 > I even double checked to see if the pointer was actually grabbed
 > with gdk_pointer_is_grabbed and that returned false.

  a) gdk_pointer_is_grabbed is not reliable.
  b) You probably need to flush the X command queue ... try
     inserting a gdk_flush().

Hi Owen, I tried putting gdk_flush() everywhere, before, after
both the grab and ungrab's but the same problem occures.

One thing I noticed is that if I press (wait for 3 seconds or so)
then release, the problem does not occure. But I put printf()'s
next to the grab and ungrabs and they're all triggered whether I
click quickly or slowly.

Sincerely,                  ,"-_                         \|/
-Capt. Taura M.             ,   O=__                    --X--
.__                          ,_JNMNNEO=_                 /|\
OMNOUMmnne.                  {OMMNNNEEEEOO=_
UOOOBIOOOEOMMn.               'LONMMMMNNEEEOOO=.__..,,..
UUOOEUUOOOOOOOObe              '"=OMMMMWNEEEOOOOO,"=OEEEOO=,._
OOUUUIEEIOONNOIUbe.                "7OMMMMNNNNNWWEEEEOOOOOO"   "'.
EEBNNMMMNWNWWEEIMMNe.             __  7EMMMNNNNNWWWEEEEEEEOO.     " .
NNMMMMWWWMMMWEINMMMNn            "=BBEEEEMMMMMMMMNNNWWWEEOOOOO=._     .
                  http://furry.ao.net/~learfox/