Re: KDE Mail client

devraj sanyal wrote:
Has anyone observed that when KDE mail client tries to recieve
mails the window gets disabled and buttons and text boxes are
not visible till the mails are downloaded. Similar things happen
with yahoo messenger when logon is clicked and it tries to
connect to yahoo.

can anyone please tell me why this behaviour is there.
because i am also facing such problems can anyone suggest any clues.

I know neither KDE mail nor Yahoo messenger. However, I guess that both
programs don't use multithreading. To avoid such behaviour you should
execute tasks like receiving mails in the background by using a new
thread. To find out how this can be done, take a look at the GTK+ FAQ:
http://www.gtk.org/faq/#AEN462

Regards

Felix