Storing data in OptionMenu Menuitems

I've found out the hard way that Optionmenu stores Menuitems! Now I'm
wondering if there's a way to attach data to a menuitem in the fashion we
can attach data to a clist row?

If there is no way, it makes us keep a private data structure that is
indexed by the current optionmenu's index (which I can get through the
menu's history). This is doable, but a bit awkward. Has anyone a better
idea than this?

Take care,
--
/\/\ Christian Reis, Senior Engineer, Async Open Source, Brazil
~\/~ http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 274 4311