Re: Help with C

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001 defcon5 ec-red com wrote:

Hi

I want to learn GTK\Gnome programming but my skills in C are poor...
Does anyone knows a good tutorial for beginers / intermediate users
about C programming on
Unix /Linux enviroments ???
Help please!!!

There is an enormous amount of information that comes with your GNU/Linux
system. Please browse some manpages and info pages, especially those that
concern gcc and glibc - you will find them very informative. (for gcc and
glibc take a look at info: - they have not maintained corresponding man
files for a while).

Otherwise, the best way to learn is to take someone elses program and
modify it to do what you want. I believe there are some test programs
being distributed with gtk - take a look at them.

                             Vladimir Dergachev

Thanks.