Re: CTree expander size

Talking about hacking a custom gtkctree,
it seems gtkclist/ctree are one of the few gtk widgets that are unable to use a
background bitmap given by a style.
I've taken a look at the code, but cannot find how to patch it in a way that
would enable that.

Is it something just hard to do due to the architecture of the widget, or did I
miss the right chunk of code?

Also, is there hope for this in GTK 2?

Thanks,
Henri

Havoc Pennington wrote:

Clemens Kirchgatterer <clemens root at> writes:
Havoc Pennington wrote:

Clemens Kirchgatterer <clemens root at> writes:
is it possible to make the expander pixmaps of a GtkCTree bigger or can
i give them a pixmap by my own?

Nope, it's hardcoded in there. Is this for a touchscreen app or the
like?

exactly! any suggestions? should i build my own ctree widget???

I guess the only way you can really handle this is to build a custom
CTree; if you are building the whole system, you could just go in
gtkctree.c, change the #define for the expander size, and recompile;
if you are relying on prebuilt GTK, you could maybe cut-and-paste
gtkctree.c, run a search-and-replace to rename it so it won't collide
with the original one, and make the change in expander size. Ugly, but
works.

Hopefully we'll make this themeable in GTK 2, I'd do it right now in
the devel branch but the feature allowing themes to set size
parameters hasn't gone in yet.

Havoc