modifying number of columns in clist dynamically

hi,
I'm developing an application and I need to change the number of columns
of a CList at runtime.
I wrote a function (gtk_clist_set_columns(), in file clist_patch.c) and
modified the example program in the tutorial (clist.cc) to test it.

I'm having some troubles with memory allocations and I'm unable to
locate the source of the problem. The program crashes when resizing or
scrolling the control inside the drawing functions.

Any of you has some time to look at the program?

Thanks in advance,
Simone

NB: in clist_patch.c there is some code from gtkclist.c, mostly static
functions that i had to duplicate in order to use them.