GtkFixed question

Hi,
    I was wondering if I could add a GtkFixed widget to a GtkButton
widget. What I'm trying to do is to change the display of the button
each time it is clicked. I use a Fixed widget to align text i.e., in
normal and superscript form. The GdkFont system gives me runtime errors
on the Windows platform ( I use GTK+ for Windows ).
    Anyway when I add a Fixed to a Button and on showing the button, the
fixed widget appears out of my application's window.

Any Idea will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Deepu.