Re: Images with GtkXmHTML

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001 20:22:13 GMT, dg tao-group com said:

Is there any documentation for GtkXmHTML? I've just added preliminary HTML
 rendering support to SQmaiL <PLUG SRC="http://sqmail.sourceforge.net";>. It
 works fine, for plain text. For messages that contain images, I just get a bunch
 of `No such file or directory' errors, which leads me to believe that it's just
 doing file lookups, not URL accesses. As I'm currently working on sheer
 guesswork and reading the API, this does not surprise me.

Yes, GtkXmHTML does not go fetch images for you, also its depreciated  and a
pain in teh butt imho and ugly - you can't even select text from it.

 Alternatively, are there any other HTML rendering widgets I could use?

Try GtkHTML. Its much better and more advanced.

Maher

 --
 +- David Given ---------------McQ-+ "There is no expedient to which a man will
 +- http://wired.st-and.ac.uk/~dg -+