Re: prevent scrolling in GtkText

Markus Lausser <sgop users sourceforge net> writes:

My problem is that the GtkText automatically scrolls down if i insert some
text into it. If i want to scroll up in a my chat window and read the text,
it automatically scrolls down on every new message. How do i prevent this?

All you can do is scroll back to wherever it was before.

GtkText sucks, and one of the ways it sucks is that it can't insert
text unless the insertion point is onscreen, Owen says.

Havoc