Re: Simple GdkFont and GtkStyle question

John Vago wrote:

learfox furry ao net wrote:

Oh one more thing, when I gtk_style_copy(), I gdk_font_unref()
the font it came with before loading a new one, when I did that and when I
exited I got:

GLib-CRITICAL **: file gcache.c: line 160 (g_cache_remove): assertion
`node != NULL' failed.

Could be totally unrelated; I have no idea. You'd have to run in gdb
with --g-fatal-warnings and get a backtrace.

I don't think I'm familiar with the --g-fatal-warnings option, my gdb
(version 4.17.0.11) dosen't seem to support it.

Basically this error occures when I:

style = gtk_style_copy(orig_style);
gdk_font_unref(style->font);
style->font = gdk_font_load(...);

/* Later on... */
gtk_style_unref(style);

As soon as I unref the style I get the error.

I wrote:

Would seem that orig_style is NULL then.  Check that.

That seems stupid all of a sudden, it it was NULL, the font wouldnt load..
Maybe you gotta unref the font before the style.

Never done, GDK/GTK, so I'm guessing.