Re: draw signals

"Dugas, Alan" <alan dugas analog com> writes:
Opps, let me correct myself.  I'm finding that a "draw" AND an "expose_event"
are being emitted.  Is there any way to filter this so that only the
"expose_event" is acted upon.  My pixmaps are being refreshed by the
"expose_event" and then redrawn by the "draw" signal unnecessarily.  By doing so
it is forcing my to allocate memory for the redraw, when I don't really need to.
The pixmap hasn't changed, so I only need to refresh it.  In and all help would
be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

What widget is this? For drawing area, the draw signal simply sends an
expose event; so just handle expose event and ignore the draw
signal. Other widgets do it differently.

The draw signal is pointlessly distinguished from expose_event and
when one is used vs. the other is arbitrary. In GTK unstable version
there is no longer a draw signal at all, everything goes through
expose.

Havoc