Re: Simple graphic-displayer

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Martin Eriksen wrote:

I am developing an application where I need to display pictures and text to
the user but without direct user interaction. I have been working a bit with
gtk but am thinking if this is overkill since I do not need the signal
handling and other features which the multi threaded gtk engine provides...

Does anyone know of a simpler C-library that could provide these basic
features?

Why not try mgp?

NAME
     mgp - MagicPoint -- an X11 based presentation tool

SYNOPSIS
     mgp [-dhlnoqvBCGORSV] [-b bgcolor] [-c vfcap] [-f vfont] [-g
geometry]
         [-p page] [-t timeslot] [-w wdir] [-x engine] [-D htmldir] [-F
         mode,effect,value] [-Q quality] [-T timestampfile] [-X gsdevice]
file

DESCRIPTION
     mgp is an X11 based presentation tool.  It is designed to make simple
     presentations easy while to make complicated presentations
possible.  Its
     presentation file (whose suffix is typically .mgp) is just text so
that
     you can create presentation files quickly with your favorite editor
(such
     as Emacs).

GH

Thanks,