Having problems with Dialog boxes

Hi,

I am trying to write an application using GTK+ and Glade.
When I bring up a dialog box from pressing a button and then destroy the
dialog box I return to the window containing the button that shows the
dialog, I cannot press any other buttons on this window.
Further clicks on any other buttons function as if I clicked the button
causing the previous dialog show.
Not sure if this is a GTK or window manager problem ?
I am using Redhat with Gnome and Sawmill manager.
Hope this makes sense, I am pulling out what hair I have left !

Graham Johnston
Semicon Services
10 New Mills
Modbury