Gtkpixmap and gtk_main_iteration

Hi,
        I have this program in which I want to show a popup window,containing a
frame shadowed out. The frame contains a Vbox containing a pixmap and a table.
The table has a progress bar and a few labels.
        I use gtk_main_iteration to show these widgets before I call gtk_main
as this performs the startup procedure. The problem that I am facing is that
the pixmap is not being shown. Does anyone know whats wrong?
 I've read the tutorial example Pixmap.c and Wheelbarrow and the call to
gdk_pixmap_create_from_xpm_d() using Window->window where  Window is a
GtkWidget * and window is a GdkWindow. On reading gtkwindow.h I could not find
a GdkWindow in GtkWindow. This is a little confusing. Could someone help me
with this?
Thanks
Deepu