Re: programing optimization

Hi,

        Here is the way I used to do it (it should work on aix, irix and
solaris).

1) Compile your program with -g option
2) run your program
3) Use the prof command to find out about the statistics (memory and cpu
usage)

                                        LaBoufarikoise

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Dugas, Alan wrote:

Does anyone know of a (free?) utility that is capable of analyzing a program and
telling me how much time is being spent and/or cpu usage being consumed by each
function?  Thanks in advance to any who reply.

                              -- Stupid Genius