Re: programing optimization

    Alan> Does anyone know of a (free?) utility that is capable of analyzing a
    Alan> program and telling me how much time is being spent and/or cpu usage
    Alan> being consumed by each function?  Thanks in advance to any who
    Alan> reply.

We use a commercial program called Quantify from Rational.  It works quite
well.  I haven't seen any free software that does quite the same thing.
Mark Leisher                      But there is no doubt but money is to the
Computing Research Lab            fore now.  It is the romance, the poetry
New Mexico State University       of our age.  It's the thing that chiefly
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL             strikes our imagination.
Las Cruces, NM  88003             -- The Rise of Silas Lapham, W. D. Howells