Re: Wait for input

Let's say I had a app with a button or menu item to connect to a
server.  I can catch that signal and open the connection.

However, if the user has not identified the server, I should
popup a window and get that information.  How do I wait until
they have set that value?

I use Gnome, not raw GTK, but the way I'd do it is to use a modal dialogue box.
The gnome_dialog_run_and_close() function call will block until the dialogue
has been closed by the user.

if not server_info:
        d = construct_dialogue()
        gnome_dialog_run_and_close(d)