giving pixmaps window/drag control?

I'm writing an application that is "skinable" and i would like to give
the skin pixmap the ability to "hold" the main window (i.e. when the
user clicks and drags the pixmap the whole application moves). The only
thing i have considered so far is using: gtk_signal_connect(
GTK_OBJECT(window), "button_press_event",
GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(drag_window), NULL ); where window is my main window,
and drag_window is a function that tracks the mouse coords and moves the
window... but i thought there must be an easier way of doing this? is
there?

thanks,
john