Re: GTK+/Glade License

I develop my application using glade/gtk+.
I've read the GPL and LGPL but not sure about what
is legal or not to do.

Specificly, I wanna know :
Do I have to release the source of my free, but commercial,
software.

You only need to GPL your software if:

* you have copied any GPL'd or LGPL'd software into your program itself
* you link to any GPL'd libraries

If you are only linking to LGPL'd libraries, which is the usual way people use
glib, gtk and libglade, you do *not* need to make your software GPL'd. (Note
that this is dynamically linking. I believe that static linking has special
requirements.)

However, IANAL. Consult your legal department.

--
+- David Given ---------------McQ-+
|  Work: dg tao-group com         | Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
|  Play: dgiven iname com         |
+- http://wired.st-and.ac.uk/~dg -+