Re: newbie gtk question

Hi Jim!

On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 04:04:43AM +0000, Jim M. wrote:
Is gtk+ like C or C++ , c/c++?.

No, GTK is a set of functions which can be used in program using
a language like C/C++. If you want to use it in C++ I recommand
to use one of it's wrapper like vdk or gtkmm.

I mean can we do object oriented programming woth gtk+ without
twists?. Or, there are other tools for gtk environment that is
C++ oriented.
Jim

GTK+ is (for me) a possibility to create graphical user interfaces
in an object oriented manner. This has not directly something to
do with the way you realize your program. You can create object
oriented GUIs without problems using a procedural language like C.

The design is usually done with the help of external programs
like glade. And your GUI elements are called objects for some reason.

With best regards,

Reinhard Katzmann
--
Software-Engineer, Developer for Embedded Devices
Project: HyperPen Tablet USB Driver for Linux