Re: g_type_init_with_debug_flags?

Eric Lemings <eric b lemings lmco com> writes:

Hello all,

I realize the GLib/GObject/Gtk+ APIs have been frozen but I was
wondering about the need for the g_type_init_with_debug_flags function.
Why would you need to set debug flags at runtime?  Is there debugging
API anywhere else in GLib (or Gtk+ for that matter)?  The reason I ask
is that debug code is usually activated or deactivated at compile time.
Therefore, it seems like the GObject debug flags should be used as
compile flags like G_ENABLE_DEBUG (e.g., GOBJECT_DEBUG_OBJECTS,
GOBJECT_DEBUG_SIGNALS).

There are two quite things:

 - Whether the debug code is compiled in
 - Whether the debug code is active

Theses are very much separate, and make it possible to use a debug
build for normal usage.

Regards,
                                        Owen