Re: hiding a widget instead of destroying it

Gnomeicu does something like this.. i think.
I am not sure if that is realy what it is doing, but you could check it.
When you click the close button the window 'hides'.
I dont realy know if they destroy the window and create it again when
you click on the panel-applet to show the window.