object oriented programming with GTK

Hi everyone,
i have got some problem with object oriented
programming with GTK 1.2. I may be posting this
to a wrong group. Obviously, there can be many
asking me to contact some group on C++ or
OOPs.  But I hope someone in this group might
have already experienced the same kind of
problems which I have.

I am writing a project management application
using GTK 1.2 and C++. It's objective is to
monitor projects, cost estimation, employee
time sheet and to provide some kind of GANTT
charts based on task allocation. I am having
menu entries such as "New Project", "Open
Project" etc.

Now i have two design considerations...
    1) I will have base class CWindow which is
GTK window with apply, ok and cancel buttons.
I'll write member functions new_project,
open_project etc. which will be invoked for the
menu selection of  "New Project", "Open
Project" etc. respectively. These new_project,
open_project functions will draw the window
with necessary text boxes or combo boxe for
data entry or display of information.

    2) I will have base class CWindow which is
GTK window with apply, ok and cancel
buttons.I'll have derived classes CNewProject,
COpenProject etc which will encapsulate the
functioalities of the above mentioned functions
new_project, open_project etc. respectively.

Can anyone tell me which is the best approach.

Regards
Rafeeq C E

This message was sent using Myiris Mail
For more information visit http://mail.myiris.com