Re: gtkctree

When I try to see a gtkctree with about 10,000 objects,
it stops showing contents about object 853.

I use gtk_container_add

Thanks a lot, replacing the first by the second function below,
as suggested, definitely helps a lot, the whole bunch of
10,000 objects are now visible.

gtk_scrolled_window_add_with_viewport (GTK_SCROLLED_WINDOW (scrolled_window), ctree);
gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (scrolled_window), ctree);

A minor problem that appears when using gtk_container_add is that
the horizontal scrollbar in the scrolled window does not honour
anymore the automatic policy as defined by the function below:

gtk_scrolled_window_set_policy (GTK_SCROLLED_WINDOW (scrolled_window),
GTK_POLICY_AUTOMATIC, GTK_POLICY_AUTOMATIC);

The horizontal scrollbar is always there, as if the policy
was GTK_POLICY_ALWAYS. The vertical scrollbar works ok.

Is there a simple way to force the hscrollbar to behave properly?

which version of gtk?

I was running 1.2.3, since my last post I upgraded to 1.2.10,
so this minor problem is happenning with the latest stable version.

Carlos