Re: [Maybe OT]: Sawfish 'strange' behaviours

Fabio Rotondo <mlists rotondo it> writes:
Is this line of code something I should put under a prefs option? Is
it so not standard?

You certainly shouldn't have a prefs option for a technical
implementation detail, no. Make the right decision and leave it at
that; users don't want to see this stuff.

My opinion is simply that apps should almost never contain window
manager specific code; it's nearly always bad. e.g. what if another
window manager relies on you following the standard here.

I also think that Sawfish configuration option is utterly broken and
wrong and should not exist. So I would not work around it, I would
blame Sawfish for having a goofy configuration option that makes no
sense.

But you can do as you like, of course.  ;-)

Havoc