Re: [Maybe OT]: Sawfish 'strange' behaviours

Fabio Rotondo <mlists rotondo it> writes:

  I am experiencing problems with SawFish WM and a GTK App I am writing:
if I create a window from an existing GTK window (for eg. by pressing
a button
on my interface) the newly created window has exactly the same dimension of
the "parent" one.
And there's more: if I resize the new window (let's say I am making it
bigger)
and then I close my app, when I start it again, the main window is as
big as the
child window I closed before.
It seems that Sawfish 'remembers' windows sizes. How can I "force" the
standard
windows size in my GTK app? I have tried gtk_window_default_size() but
with no
results.

This is a Sawfish config option. There's no way to override window
managers; they get final say on application sizes/positions. If
someone turns on the Sawfish config option ("remember window
positions") then they get this behavior - it's their own problem.

Havoc