Re: Threads, gtk, pthreads, and gthreads

Havoc Pennington wrote:

Hi,

First step is to read what the FAQ has to say about threads -
www.gtk.org/faq/

Havoc
Yes, right, I forgot it.
I was looking through your book FAQ, but I found nothing.
It was my fault.

More Questions:

Should I switch to gtk2 or should I wait?

What about having 10-30 threads working for the main process in a gtk
app?
I know about 255 threads limit (pthreads) but with 10-30 GUI will be
slow, I think.

*************** OFF TOPIC ***************
To Havoc:
I want to say, thank you for your book, I think is great, but I missed
some things like "The best way to do ... is ...." sentences.

Examble:

        If you want to pass more than two arguments to a signal you should
        build a structure with all data and then pass it to the signal.
        Be aware of not to destroy it if you exits from the caller routine.

Or

        You can attach data to some objects, what is useful to handle those
objects.

When I finsh my app I'll post it on the net and I'll give credits to all
of you.

Thanks for your help.