Re: Docs + topping a window

On 2001.12.02 22:42 Peter Rottengatter wrote:

Hi

I haven't used GTK for long, but I find it very tiring to look for docs
on a specific subject. As an example, I'm looking for a way to make some
window that might have been covered by other windows (of my application)
to become the topmost again.

gdk_window_raise(myWindow);

note this is gdk_window  not gtk_window
I'm not 100% on this but gtk_widget_get_parent_window returns a gdk_window
so perhaps this is how you get I don't have the source here so I can't
check

Another thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to set an
optionmenu
to a specific entry (that's already in the menu). For instance, I want
the
optionmenu button to show the entry no.3. Do I need to read out the menu
entry text no.3, and
a) set the button text using gtk_label_set_text (How do I obtain the
   GtkLabel *label ?)
b) set the menu using gtk_menu_set_active ?
Or is there a simpler solution ?

gtk_option_menu_set_history(myOptionMenu, theNoOfTheItemIWantSelected);

hope this helps

rob