Re: Clipping of childern windows

"Chris Dickson" <chris pandromeda com> writes:

I'm just in the process of porting a MSW program to Linux;.....anyhow under
MSW there is a window style flag that tells the parent window, not to draw in
behind the child windows;  as far as I can see there isn't anything like this
in GTK........what is the easiest to do this with GTK??

A parent window would normally be clipped by its children, that is,
the child window's contents are always displayed and the parent's are
not. I'm not sure what you mean by "not draw in behind the child
windows," and I'm not sure if by "window" you mean the toplevel thing
with user-visible titlebar (GtkWindow) or any X window (GdkWindow), so
maybe clarify that a bit and I can give a better answer.

Havoc