Re: status of GtkCombo (gtk 1.3.6)

Joshua N Pritikin <vishnu pobox com> writes:
i'm trying to use GtkCombo, but it seems to have a reference counting problem
somewhere in gtk_combo_set_popdown_strings.  i notice that GtkCombo uses GtkList,
which is deprecated, yet, GtkCombo is not deprecated.  What is the
meaning?

GtkList is deprecated for direct use, but not for use in
GtkCombo. GtkCombo would be deprecated if we had a replacement, but we
don't yet, so it isn't yet.

Is there need for someone to hack GtkCombo and replace the GtkList with
a GtkListView?

I think that would be bad, since we intend to replace GtkCombo; best
to avoid code churn.

Havoc