Re: A newbie question...

On Sun, 19 Aug 2001 13:37:07 -0400, Mauro Ferreira said:

I'm a newbie using GTK+ 1.3 and GNU mingw 2.95.2 with the DEV-C++ 4.01
 IDE. I sussefully compiled all examples in gtk tutorial.

 My feelings tell me that i need to learn a lot more before start to
 develop with GTK+.....

Are you sure you want to use GTK+ 1.3 and whatever DEV-C is?

If you want to get started in GTK+ it's easier to start simple,
try using GTK+ 1.2.8 or newer, since the majority of the audiance
will be using that.

Here are the GTK+ links that I frequently use, note some are not
good enough as GTK+ and GDK are not well documented. The tutorials
help the most but everything else you need to ask here.

GDK API (sorry no manual pages):
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/gdk/

GTK+ API (no manual pages either):
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/gtk/

GTK+ tutorial
http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/

GTK+ DND tutorial
http://wolfpack.twu.net/docs/gtkdnd/

Sincerely,                  ,"-_                         \|/
-Capt. Taura M.             ,   O=__                    --X--
.__                          ,_JNMNNEO=_                 /|\
OMNOUMmnne.                  {OMMNNNEEEEOO=_
UOOOBIOOOEOMMn.               'LONMMMMNNEEEOOO=.__..,,..
UUOOEUUOOOOOOOObe              '"=OMMMMWNEEEOOOOO,"=OEEEOO=,._
OOUUUIEEIOONNOIUbe.                "7OMMMMNNNNNWWEEEEOOOOOO"   "'.
EEBNNMMMNWNWWEEIMMNe.             __  7EMMMNNNNNWWWEEEEEEEOO.     " .
NNMMMMWWWMMMWEINMMMNn            "=BBEEEEMMMMMMMMNNNWWWEEOOOOO=._     .
                  http://furry.ao.net/~learfox/