Re: g_string_equal is missing?

On Thursday, August 16, 2001, at 10:26  AM, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

the linker doesn't seem to find any references to g_string_equal. has this
function been removed?

g_string_equal is part of the newer glib (1.3, the development version leading to 2.0).

It's not in older versions of glib.

are we supposed to use strncmp on GString foo->str to compare strings?

I would just copy g_string_equal from the glib 1.3 sources (and because I'
m fastidious, change the name to get rid of the g_ prefix).

    -- Darin