Re: [pygtk] Finding out a widget's parent

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, James Henstridge wrote:

These correspond to the get_property() and set_property() methods in
pygtk2.  It is using the obscure mapping behaviour because that is what
was used in Tkinter for properties.  Unfortunately, people don't often
find this :(

Can properties available through get_property() be generically made
available through regular __getattr__() attributes? I'd be willing to
hack this in if it's not impossible..

Yes, this would probably be possible.

The easiest way to do so would be to modify pygobject_getattro and
pygobject_setattr to check for paramspecs.

By making this a fallback in pygobject_getattro, it shouldn't add much (if
any) of a hit to attribute lookups.  I don't know about the setattr one
though.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au