how to get GNode->data right?

hi all,

i am still working on my old problem.
after the last answer with the memory-problem, i
searched my books for my problems again.

so i try the exakt way to read an item of gnode like
an item of clist.

gchar* sdata = ptr->data;

also i tryed
gchar* sdata = g_strdup( (char*)prt->data);

but the value of the sdata is always like:
" o  x RIGHTVALUE".

but if i use my gnode-tree to init a gtkctree with
each item (ptr->data), the values are correct.

does the function gtk_ctree_insert_node haven convert
makro for the data-value?

does any one got another tip for me...

greatings

oliver k.

=====
Mit freundlichen Gruessen

Oliver Kroll
Redaktion neofolk.com / nonkonform-magazine

Fax: 09191 / 64 07 86 Mobil: 0172 / 81 69 352
eMail: okroll neofolk com / okroll nonkonform-magazine de