Re: Sticky Cascading Menus?

Chris Quinn <cq htec demon co uk> writes:

I've just joined the list after having scoured the gtk header files,
mail archives and faq for the answer to my seemingly trivial
problem... so my apologies if I am insulting the collective
intelligence of the list!

I was putting up with having to keep the left mouse button depressed
while navigating a cascading menu, lest it should disappear 4-deep
and force me to start again! I then noticed on another box using the
framebuffer X server, that each menu only required a click to remain
posted, and so I could navigate with a relaxed hand.  Although this
anomaly I am sure is not down to gtk, I am wondering if there is a
way to ensure this behaviour through the gtk interface. After
trawling the headers I am no closer to a solution.

Does anyone have the answer?

GTK never requires you to hold down the button, AFAICS.
The menu only comes down on button release if you have a menuitem
currently selected.

Havoc