Re: activity bars

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001 09:33:14 -0400, Will Frishe said:

Hey ppls.

 I've got normal progress bars working just fine, but in one place I just
 want it to show activity. I found gtk_progress_set_activity_mode and
 friends, which seems to set it up right (it looks ok when it pops up),
 but how do I make it go??? I've tried a couple of things, none of which
 seem to work, so I'm guessing I'm doing something dumb.

 Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Each time you update the progress bar, regardless for completion
or activity you need to have:

while(gtk_events_pending() > 0)
 gtk_main_itteration();

Warning, this may cause some reentering, so make sure yer code
checks for that.

Other way is to leave control and return to the highest gtk_main
and then have your progress updating function update the progress
bar for one cycle and repeat.

Sincerely,                  ,"-_                         \|/
-Capt. Taura M.             ,   O=__                    --X--
.__                          ,_JNMNNEO=_                 /|\
OMNOUMmnne.                  {OMMNNNEEEEOO=_
UOOOBIOOOEOMMn.               'LONMMMMNNEEEOOO=.__..,,..
UUOOEUUOOOOOOOObe              '"=OMMMMWNEEEOOOOO,"=OEEEOO=,._
OOUUUIEEIOONNOIUbe.                "7OMMMMNNNNNWWEEEEOOOOOO"   "'.
EEBNNMMMNWNWWEEIMMNe.             __  7EMMMNNNNNWWWEEEEEEEOO.     " .
NNMMMMWWWMMMWEINMMMNn            "=BBEEEEMMMMMMMMNNNWWWEEOOOOO=._     .
                  http://furry.ao.net/~learfox/