Menu ToggleItem

Hi list,

I'm using the ItemFactory to create menus.
For my current program i need to create a menu entry with a toggle
button in it, therefore i add the following section to my list of item
factory entries:

{ "/Foo/Do bar", NULL,(GtkItemFactoryCallback1)change_settings_cb, 0,
"<ToggleItem>" }

OK, this creates a nice toggle button menu item, but how can i access
the toggle button widget from inside the callback function, e.g.:

static void
change_settings_cb (gpointer data, guint action, GtkWidget *widget)
{
  // what does data and widget contain?
}

Pointers to any documents or sample code are also appreciated.

TIA,
Rob van der Leek