Re: Where does gdk_rgb_init() go?

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001 09:29:33 +0200, Jean-Christophe Berthon said:

 > Should I put gdk_rgb_init() before or after gtk_init_*()?

 I think you just have to use this function before any call to gdk_rgb_*
 functions (so better to put it after the gtk_init_*)

I did some testing, core dumps if you put it before.
So it confirms, it needs to be placed after gtk_init_*().

 > Btw, what is the rowstride argument in gdk_draw_rgb_image()
 > for?  Is it the number of bytes per row?

 It is the amount of bytes (octets) use for one line, so for example for a
 24bits image it is 3 (8bits * 3 = 24bits & 8bits = 1byte) times the width of
 the image [+ optionnaly a few bytes to fill]

Got it!

I figured that one out too, but double-thanks to ya! :)

Sincerely,                  ,"-_                         \|/
-Capt. Taura M.             ,   O=__                    --X--
.__                          ,_JNMNNEO=_                 /|\
OMNOUMmnne.                  {OMMNNNEEEEOO=_
UOOOBIOOOEOMMn.               'LONMMMMNNEEEOOO=.__..,,..
UUOOEUUOOOOOOOObe              '"=OMMMMWNEEEOOOOO,"=OEEEOO=,._
OOUUUIEEIOONNOIUbe.                "7OMMMMNNNNNWWEEEEOOOOOO"   "'.
EEBNNMMMNWNWWEEIMMNe.             __  7EMMMNNNNNWWWEEEEEEEOO.     " .
NNMMMMWWWMMMWEINMMMNn            "=BBEEEEMMMMMMMMNNNWWWEEOOOOO=._     .
                  http://furry.ao.net/~learfox/