Re: gdk_draw

eckstein <eckstein matavnet hu> writes:

If I use GtkSignalFunction  I can use gdk_draw_line , but if I call the
same function it doesn`t work.
What does anything else the callback function (wrote by me) then a plain
function wrote by me?
I use gtk_widget_realize function, so there must be another fault!

gtk_widget_show() is a request to the window manager to map
the window. It will be handled at some point in the future -
you don't know when. Until it is actually on screen,
drawing on a subwidget of that window won't work - the
drawing commands will just be lost.

You can, in theory, use gtk_widget_show_now() to show a window and
wait for it to be mapped, but it's generally much better to just do
all your drawing in response to expose events.

Regards,
                                        Owen