Getting users theme settings in Gtk--

Hi, I'm trying to make a Calculator using Gtk--. Since you can't right justify any of the Gtk::Editable
widgets (Entry and Text) I'm using a Gtk::Label as the display of my Calculator. However, I want this display
to appear to be a right justified Gtk::Entry (same color background, etc.). In order to set the background
color of the Label I have placed a Gtk::EventBox behind it and I will set the background color of that. The
only problem I have is where to get the color that the background should be according to the users configured
theme. I'm thinking that this might be something I could use GtkRcStyle for, but GtkRcStyle isn't implemented
in Gtk-- yet. The way I was going to work around this was to create a Gtk::Entry that will never actually be
displayed, get it's Gtk::Style, and apply that Style to my Gtk::EntryBox. 1) Does anyone see any reason why
this won't work, or have a better idea? 2) Do I also have to apply the Style to the Label or do Gtk::Entrys
and Gtk::Labels!
 always use the same font? Thanks. -Jeff