Re: Infinite loop within a callback

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Angelo Carpenzano wrote:

Hi, I need to start an infinite loop when a toggle button receive the
"toggled" event and I must to stop this loop when the is re-toggled.
If I write:

while(TRUE) {

I can't listen event and I can't stop the loop.
In addition to using threads, what a solution can I use?

You should listen to a file descriptor with

gdk_input_add( fd, GDK_INPUT_READ, GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(file_function),
&cmdinfo );

Note that a file dscriptor could be a socket!

GH

Thanx,
Angelo Carpenzano

§
Personal site:   http://web.tiscalinet.it/acarpenzano/
Favourite site:  http://www.softwareplanet.net/
e-mail address: acarpenzano tiscalinet it
§

Sorry for my bad english ;-)

Göran Hasse            email: gh raditex se     Tel: +46 8 694 92 70
Raditex AB             http://www.raditex.se    Fax: +46 8 442 05 91
Sickla Alle 7, 1tr                              Mob: 070-5530148
131 34  NACKA, SWEDEN