Re: GDK bug

"Carlos" == Carlos Pereira <carlos pehoe civil ist utl pt> writes:

Calling gdk_window_move_resize() in show isn't guaranteed to work at
all. GTK can change it, the window manager can change it. You are
going behind everyone's back, subverting the system, sometimes the
system will notice and decide to put you in line. ;-)

I thought the show signal was emitted after the widget became visible.

Is this a toplevel window? If so, use gtk_window_set_default_size()
(to simulate a user-resized size) or gtk_widget_set_usize() (to force
a minimum size).

The problem is that GTK+ has no direct equivalent to get those values
back. I could check the allocation for the dimensions, but what about
the position ?

W.