Question about windows in gtk+

Hello
I'm a studen from Germany.

I programmed a user-interface with the GtkWindow struct.
Now I have to change the icon and the backgroundcolor of
my user-interface.

I looked for it, and found the funktion "gdk_window_set_icon" and
"gdk_window_set_background", but therefore I need the
GdkWindow struct. But after I implemented it I could not add a
table anymore "gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (Window), table);"

Can you tell me either how I can set the icon of the window, or how to
add a gtk-table on a GdkWindow.

In advance, thank you for giving me informations.

P.S.: Sorry for my very bad English ;)

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Oliver Bücker