Emitting signals

Is there a way to emit a signal globally to all windows or all widgets
regardless of what window they are in?  What I have are several graphics windows
that need to be updated every time a new piece of data is gathered.  I would
like to be able to send a signal, say "expose", to all of the graphics windows
without having to individually store each of them in an array somewhere.  If
someone has a better suggestion to asynchronously update multiple widgets across
several windows, I would be very interested in hearing it.  Thanks in advance to
any who reply.

                                -- Stupid Genius