From:         Havoc Pennington[SMTP:hp redhat com]
Sent:         Friday, September 22, 2000 1:45 PM
To:   Dugas, Alan
Cc:   gtk-app-devel-list gnome org; gtk-list gnome org
Subject:      Re: Unable to get all child widgets

"Dugas, Alan" <alan dugas analog com> writes:
I finally found the root case of my inablility to find the widgets
contained
within the hbox.  GTK_IS_HBOX() returns TRUE for a gtkcombo.  When the
for
loop ran, the widgets were encountered in this order: hbox, table,
combo.
Since combo was last, it overwrote the hbox address.  Using ddd/gdb I
was
able to confim that the variables hbox and test_list_combo were pointing
the same widget.  The fix was to logically AND GTK_IS_HBOX() with hbox
==
(GtkWidget *) NULL.  Thanks to all who responded.

                            -- Stupid Genius
P.S.
Havoc, would you say that this is, or at least should be, considered a
bug
in gtk+1.2.8?

No, I think GtkCombo derives from GtkHBox and thus is indeed an HBox.

Havoc